Thursdays are my favorite days. I love having the day to myself to "potter" as I call it. Yesterday was one such day, but my usual sleep in was thwarted thanks to the 4th of July holiday. Because I work four ten hour days if one of those days is a holiday...its only 8 hours worth of holiday pay and I need to make up the time somewhere...so yesterday started with 2 hours of work, 7am till 9am, to make up that time.
My grand plan was to then drive to Ikea, buy picture frames for the gallery wall I want in the stairwell...drive home...choose family pictures to frame, go to Costco - print pictures and then have them all framed and ready to go for my long armed beloved to hang this weekend. Instead I drove north instead of south, went to Target while I waited for TJ Maxx to open...scored a wicked bargin, and am proudly wearing a $6 dress as we speak. At TJ Maxx the heavens opened and two objays of desire made their way to my eyes.
Number one...a right facing (gasp) chaise lounge (ohhhhhh) WITH french script writing upholstery (sigh). It was a sight to behold. I should have taken a photo but why, to sit and drool, to wish upon a star? It was less than half the retail price at $399. Still too much for the pocket book but OH I WANTED IT. I sat on it, I petted the fabric, I whispered to it (right up until the TJ Maxx person gave me THAT LOOK).
Number two...Fiore Snakeskin bag in natural colors. Originally $199...discounted to $99. MMKay. You are soooo pretty handbaggy. I have been a good girl, I deserve a lovely handbag, I support this kind of use for snakes, I fact bags and handbags are the ONLY thing that a snake is good for (but thats a story for another day)....IF ONLY you were on the clearance rack. OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PUH Leeeze be on the clearance rack.... I saunter to the clearance rack...I casually look on the left side...nothing worth a second look...I side step to the middle...meh...michael kors, jessica simpson, kate spade (oh! Kate Spade, delicious yellow buttery leather bag, I like you but you wont go with anything I own) side step again...my breath catches...OH....MY....GODDDDDDDDDDD FIORE SNAKESKIN BAG IN THE CLEARANCE SECTION HELLO BEAUTIFUL!!!! I turn the tag ever so slowly, $69. COME ON! This is clearance baby, shouldnt it be like $29?
I held it close and walked back to the chaise lounge and we all sat together for a while, me, fiore snakeskin bag, chaise lounge (and a beautiful white urn with a bird on top) and breathed in quiet contemplation for a few minutes. No treats today.
The rest of the day was spent lamenting what could have been, oh and a nap which was delicious.
I still love you Thursday, even though you didnt bring any treats.
No comments:
Post a Comment