Good day dear readers!! What a lovely weekend I had spent in the company of my nearest and dearest. I dont know if I have mentioned to you yet but Mr Big and I are trying really hard to loose weight right now. We started last Monday and he is down 31 pounds (uh-mazing!!) and Im down 15.2 pounds (grateful...but I wish it were closer to Gary's loss), and though we are both missing all the naughty foods we are liking feeling healthier.
So this weekend we decided to add a little extra healthiness to the regime and went for a little walk - there are loads of lovely walks in Snohomish county:
some more challenging the others. We decided to go with the closest, least challenging one with a walk on Spencer Island.
PLUS, we roped in Geneva, Tad, Ronnie, Mollie and Ashley. Interesting walk!
1. It was RIGHT next to the poo ponds. As you can see it was a stunning day, what you dont see is that there was a warm breeze...normally welcome, on this day not so much because with the warm breeze came fraygrance du pupu...gag worthy at the best of times. Still we soldiered on
2. Unfriendly bird watchers. Spencer Island is loaded with bird life including the gold finch

grey herons (or are they blue...you decide) and other species I havent seen before. After seeing such a bird I saw a dude standing there with giant binoculars and I thought to myself that he would be the perfect person to ask what kind of bird it was.
Me: Excuse me, I was just looking in the same direction as you were - do you know what kind of bird that was?
Him: Which one?
Me: The one that is bigger than the others and did the little dip and dive and swoop before landing on the bough of that tree
Him: I was observing the osprey so I have no idea which bird you were looking at
Me: Um..kay. Have a good afternoon sir
From there forward I just referred to the birds as grey bird, greyer bird, etc so I wouldnt disturb anyone else.
3. Duck Blinds. These are very cool things and Spencer Island has a couple of them. If you havent seen these before they basically look like big square boxes covered in nature. There was a couple out in the water AND one actually on the river bank which of course we had to go visit. It isnt hunting season so Ronnie and Gary and Geneva were just about to pop inside to look around when they realized there was a hobo that had taken up residence, a summer home if you will. A speedy retreat was made and we were on our way again. We decided not to stop and visit at any of the other structures on Spencer....though this trailer made for a very cool image, courtesy of Mr Big :
It was fun being able to test out the new hipstamatic app I had, I loved what it did in this picture (a rare one) with Ronnie - the sky looks amazing dosent it!
and I loved the vintage feel of this picture (this is looking towards the Everett Bellagio Fountians AKA Waste Management airation - I hear they are magnificent in the moonlight.)
oh and the view of the mountians is spectacular...
All in all a wonderful, poo scented afternoon. I shall be walking this trail again soon, but maybe not on a breezy day.
oh and the view of the mountians is spectacular...
You lost 15.2 pounds in a WEEK? And he lost 31??? What on earth are you doing?
ReplyDelete@Mary-Leah, actually I think that I wrote that wrong, we started on Monday 6/27 so it was 14 days yesterday with that losage....HCG homeopathic drops.. very tough diet but its working really great.
ReplyDelete