Friday was, one if the crappiest of crappy days I can remember. It actually started pretty nice, weather lovely, my hubby driving me to work (ALWAYS so great to spend a scooch extra time with mr big! ) ... Then, at 8:43am it all fell to pieces re a work matter which I can't go into here. Thank God I had my boys to look forward to later in the evening!
... I also had a gin martini or two with my name on it awaiting me at Rock Bottom in downtown Seattle
Tadpole and Ronnie picked me up AKA rescued me, whisked me off to Rock Bottom and it was perfect. We were seated outside on the patio which overlooked 5th Ave and the waiter, perhaps picking up on my need for an adult frosty beverage quickly brought my martini and their boys their beers. One sip was the delightful medicine I needed. Sigh... I settle back in my outdoor perch comforted with gin, a warm breeze, sweet sounds of a live jazz band and best of all, my BFF's. Just look at the blue sky above ... Who could be glum?
I was proud of myself. I kept to the restrictions of my diet and had a nummers Cobb salad and soon enough, and two martinis later it was time to head over to the 5th Ave Theater to enjoy Aladdin
This venue is just incredible. If you haven't been here yet, go see anything. Even the cheapest seats are great, and you won't believe the architecture inside. It's oriental 1920s glamor and opulence is unparelled.
The show was Uh-MAZING. I love the story of Aladdin. This was was in the style of the Disney movie. Same music and in fact "Aladdin" was the same person that did the voice over and singing in the movie. The stage set was fantastic, the middle eastern style screens were so gorgeous, all laser cut...Ahhhhh WHY did Ronnie not have his big girl panties on? I really wanted him to hatch a plan to..well..acquire them for me. Sigh, they were so wonderful and would have been perfection at Castle Allen.
Unfortunately the show ended all too soon and we were on our way home. Imagine our surprise when we looked out of the parking lot and saw one Mr Taylor Hicks staring out at us. I wondered what happened to one of our beloved American Idols. He's here, in downtown Seattle.
It's always such a good time with you boys, thanks for being such great friends and such a fun time. I'm so lucky to have friends like you
Beautiful photos; sorry for the craptastic morning but it looks like the evening wad better. Go, Aladdin!
ReplyDeleteTaylor may have been the highlight of the evening...well besides spending it with you!
ReplyDeleteYou're looking slim woman! I miss Tad and Ron :(
ReplyDelete