Sunday, July 24, 2011

Summer, you made it

Summer has been a total non event round here. What I mean by that is that it's been a continuation of winter in general. "the general" was fortunately not what we had this weekend, oh the glory of the sun in your back, the glory of a summer frock worn to church, these simple simple things are not being taken for granted here at Castle Allen!!

Let's start things off right, breakfast. Thank you Miss Hailey Hansen for the important infor-maysh- I- on ... Trader joes sausages. Legit, these are the goods and what's more, no nitrates. CAN I GET AN AMEN? Sausage, cheddar cheese, a little caramelized onion and eggsies. Nummers. Next stop, church. But wait.. That thing, that bizarre and unexplained mystery that befalls me every summer..tis here. Yes friends, the knicker snatcher...IS BACK. Fear not, I'm properly clothed as I write this but only because good fortune smiled on me when I had the good sense to stash a pair in the wrong drawer. Otherwise it would have been comando. Sigh. I have no idea where they all go. I just know they go. See you tomorrow Avenue.
Modesty intact. It was off to church.
Afterwards I had a nifty idea for an inexpensive art piece for the boudoir and made a stop at my favorite art supply store in the U District. $25 for a 30 x 30 canvas? You can't beat it. I will show the finished results as they come to hand... While I was at the art store Miss Dorothy went to the store upstairs, Petco, to look at all the creatures...especially, she was hoping to see a chameleon. When we went up to pick her up look what we found...gerbils, midget gerbils to be precise. They are soooo cute, and u particularly liked the swagger of the gerbil if color... Had someone been indulging in flaming hot cheetos? I will let you be the judge dear reader...

Next stop for the gazillionth time this weekend, was Lowes. Course I had to make an immediate beeline for my lovey, who I visit and pet everytime I'm there... Behold The Bath...

Not only are you perty and shiny, but you would look in credible in our upstairs bathroom at Castle Allen. I'm ready for you bath. While I was visiting with the bath, I turned around and check it. Possibly the most perfect light fixture ever for the living room and dining area. Love the circles.

Fir those that don't know Everett is a little gem of a town. Many many people try and make it seem something other than this but it's truly a lovely spot PLUS it has it's own seaside farmers market.

It was a perfect day for the Allens, can't wait to see what tomorrow brings

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely Sunday, but how could it not with all the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete