Know how I've been griping about the weather? Today was delicious, thanks mother nature, you did a triffic job. The sky was blue, there was a hint of a warm breeze, the light illuminated everything with angelicness. I was grateful.
We got to share the lovely day with Grammie.
Grammies a very special lady and I always love any opportunity to spend time with her. Today we decided we would take her out to lunch to Patty's Egg Nest. Gaz and I are still on the second phase of our diet so this place was perfect, we could order breakfast! What we couldn't partake in is one of the bestest parts of Patty's....
Patty's thick toast slathered in these seemingly homemade preserves are nothing short of an epicurian delight. Today I had to live vicariously through the little giant as he snarfed two servings of toast and jam... Mine, and his. Lucky little bastard.
Dear reader, you would have been proud. I didnt whine or whinny, I enjoyed my fruit cup and ham and cheese scramble, through the wishing and whilstful glances.
After lunch we took Grammie to see the mukilteo lighthouse. She loves lighthouses.
The beach was packed with people and no wonder - it's such a beautiful spot
Mukilteo is also a jumping off point for ferries up the sound. I do love me a ferry ride, specially on a sunny day.
A beautiful day, indeed - let's pray for more like yesterday!
ReplyDelete