Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Rounds

I've been up since 4.45am and everytime I keep drifting back to sleep Im woken again so I figure I might as well be up and productive right? And what better place to start than a little blogy time.

First of all I just want to say - I love the little details in life, course, along with this love sometimes is an over-obsession with the details but I will leave that alone for another day... for now let me say that even though you are the only one in our home, I love you crystal doorknob - everytime I touch you I wish you were duplicated all over my house, but instead you are a one of a kind.  Thank you whoever thought to make you into a beautiful knob.  I love you.


Secondly - a little recap on the weekend that was. 

Mr Big, you are the light of my life and I am so fortunate to have such a fantabulous man as my best friend (with benefits) and my husband.  He always always tries his best to delight me and spoils me rotten.  All people should be so lucky!  Anyways as you know, its my birthday month, so this weekend being the closest to my actual birth day, he decided to have a little intimate celebration with some near and dears.

Friday night started it all off - we headed out to The Corner Pub for drinks, dinner and shuffleboard.  It was raining like we are famous for here in the northwest so we very nearly missed one of the things we love about this place...THE WINGS



The lighting in the corner pub isnt really geared up for photographic masterpieces...but this is a good representation of these little greasy (in a good way) delights.  One of the best things is their buffalo sauce which you can see glistening there in the background.  It's made of two ingrediants that should be married for life anyway you look at it and used in place of every other sauce - melted BUTTER and Franks Hot sauce.  Simple, and quite a palatte pleaser I might say.  This dish is best washed down with another healthy item - VODKA...



I know what you are thinking - how could a delicate flower like FeeFee drink straight vodka.  Friends - dont be silly.  This is a vodka and coke you are seeing there....at least thats what I ordered.  I watched him "mix" the other cocktails at the bar and they were all made pretty much the same way, ice, FREEPOUR vodka...then wave the coke bottle over the glass and voila! Vodka and coke essence.  As you can see the coke barely colored the russian elixer.

The other thing that this place is great for is shuffleboard, and it happens to be a favorite with Mr Big and and unnamed friend - I am respecting her request for annonimity in this blog



They also have a strange gambling game here (and at many other taverns) called pull tabs.  Basically they are little bits of paper you tear open to discover your riches...or lack there of as unnamed friend can attest to.  Sorry friend, I really was hoping you would have earned more than $1 in this lot of tabs!!!



We owe knowing about this place to one of our favorite people in the world - please stand up Mr Tad Marks....



Love you Tadpole.  You are one of the best people ever, so kind and sweet hearted, we are so glad you are part of our "family".  Thanks for introducing us to this fun tavern and thanks to you and Ronnie for the awesome gifts



A glow in the dark wand, pretty princess TAMBORINE and pink pearls and feather boa.  Perfect.

Saturday was also a good time.  First stop was Tamarind Tree, my favorite restaurant...



My camera wasnt working so well (maybe operator error?) so sorry some of these are kind of blurry... Tad and Ronnie got me yet more gifts ... a bag of more wonderous glow in the dark goodies INCLUDING drum roll please......





A GLOW IN THE DARK BUTTERFLY MASK

Oh wonderment!!  Tad states these items were from the dollar store but they were priceless to me!


and then quite unexpectedly...the birthday cake of perfect size arrived



I say perfect size because...as you can see, I am currently needing to hold my chins up with both hands...nuf said right!



Unnamed friend and her date Miss Chelsea. 



Lois and Ron looking quite concerned that the cocktail waitress wasnt ever coming back (I think they are in the midst of prayer here)



Thank God you're back.  We loved our waiter, he was a superstar!

and then....we were off for part deux, THE DUSTY 45's! Here are some of the group waiting for the show to start



I know it goes without saying - Jose must be present at all celebrations, and of course he made an appearance here too and was helpful in my dancing attempts with Mr Big.  Poor sir, sorry for probably stepping on your toes a million times - it was so fun dancing with you though!


K.  Thats pretty much all I have time for friends.  Heres to a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. That was such a fun night, and dinner was amazing!!!! What a lovely way to celebrate such a lovely lady!!

    ReplyDelete