Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fallen for fall

Fall is definatly here in the Northwest - at least at my house...just look at whats happening in the neighborhood - Sammamish Trail next to the Bothell Slough:




See - I wasnt lying about the colors changing, whats weird though is that following the dinner trip to Alligator Soul we were surprised to see the temperature at 80 degrees, thats right - no typo - EIGHTY DEGREES and probably somewhere in the vicinity of seven thousand percent humidity so what more perfect time than to decorate for fall?

Over the weekend I made a little wreath for the front door.  I was inspired by a fellow blogger (thank you ThriftyDecorChick) - luckily because "crafters do it early" all of the fall decor was 50% off so the whole project cost $13.

First I started with a large rectangle of styrofoam and cut out the middle to make a frame


and I picked the blossums and leaves off of the stems and arranged them ready for gluing


and then hot glued the bits and pieces to the frame (and my finger, damn that nozzle of the HGG gets
f-ing hot - and I had the bubble on my index finger to prove it, but I suffer for my decor) and here is the happy result:


then inside we have a couple of little areas - in the den





The little brown flags were simple to make and very inexpensive, a grand total of $2.25 for a piece of brown felt and a couple of dowels and voila, flags



This little silver candy dish was a Goodwill find and only $2.25, ontop is some quartz crystals and left over leaves and flowers from the wreath



This little $8.99 cloched cupcake pedestal was a steal at TJ Maxx (ok, not literally) and I filled the cloche with all kinds of autumnal goodness - its very interesting to look at



Even Tony got an autumal update - I think he looks quite dapper dont you?



This looks alot nicer in the daylight...but hey, its 10:36pm friends, cut me some slack! 
Anyways I have to thank the internet for all the inspiration - Im sure the decorating will continue
long into fall ... its so fun!   If this is your first time visiting Akeeweegirl please leave a sweet comment or join the fun train by clicking follow!



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Looks a lot like fall! I can't wait for your Christmas decors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it all looks beautiful. you have some lovely FALL decor.

    thanks for linking up to the FALL FESTIVAL!

    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decor is so cute - I love your wreath. Lucky you with the trees changing color.

    ReplyDelete