Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Alligator Soul = Delish eee mo

Last night we left the mother for a short time and headed out on the town (as much as you can in Everett) and headed to one of our favorite restaurants Alligator Soul.  Friends, a little known secret is that if you ask the waiter/waitress on a Monday night for the happy hour menu they'll let you order from it, but only if you ask - and its a terrific, very reasonably priced menu.  I assumed that the portions would be snack sized and they were - snack sized if you are a giant...otherwise they are more than enough for one normal hungry girl! I guess that just reminds me of the saying "assuming makes an ass out of you and me" -  I ordered the fried chicken (yay! It came boneless and perfectly seasoned and breaded) and thick cut waffle fries (you can ask to sub with hush pups or go half and half if you are indecisive!) and I also ordered red beans and rice, a favorite of mine. I think I might have fitted in about 1/3 of this and the rest I had for lunch today with cubie mates looking over the wall wondering what kind of heaven was assaulting their nostrils.  I might have been guilty of fanning my steaming plate of fried goodness in Caitlin's direction once or twice.  Im sure she appreciated it. And in advance, you are welcome Caitlin.

The other wonderful thing about Alligator Soul is that as well as the happy hour menu on Monday nights they also have their happy hour adult frosty beverage menu ALL NIGHT LONG...lemon drops, cosmos and margaritas are only $4 and their domestic beers are all $2.  

Miss Evelyn is much better today - Mr Big is staying home with her this week, taking a couple of vacay days off to care for her.  He's really quite a wonderful man! 

As I write this blog Im listening to Carolin singing peanut butter jelly time at the top of her lungs overtop of Mikki's phone ringing (with renaissance ring tone), and now Hanner is here - I must fly.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, if you people keep dropping the E off my name, I'm going to get medieval on your tushie! I know you did it on purpose this time. Fion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroling is mighty fiesty

    ReplyDelete