So lovely in fact that I realized both Mr Big and I would need new threads to step into this fancy schmancy place. As you might imagine, its been a flurry of activity surrounding the procurement of such things...there is only 4 days to be concerned with but there are multiple costume changes in that period. This is what we'll be doing
Saturday
Travel to LAX in clothes that are lovely enough to
A. Be picked up by a driver in a limo at the airport
B. Have your "arrival photo" taken when you get to the resort
C. Head into the product show
Quick change (think Diana Price to Wonder Woman style) into resort attire (what the heck is resort wear anyway) for the welcome reception. I don't think I should drink too many martinis - firstly because I don't want to end up giggling too much and snorting and embarrassing Mr Big in front of his bosses PLUS guess what - the next day....
Sunday
UP AT 6am for breakfast of the terrace between 6 and 9am (I have no clue what to wear to this)..then a general business session then off to tour the Queen Mary

apparently this is a highly haunted ship so we will certainly be on the look out for spec tors, and may wear our ghost busting outfits JUST in case. Dinner is at our leisure - I think we are going to find somewhere on the cliffs above the pacific to watch the sunset together.
Monday
will be another early start - our limo leaves at 9:30am to take us to the happiest place on earth. No, not a Chanel outlet store - DISNEYLAND. Whats more my BIL and SIL are meeting us there and they are Disney aficionado's so I'm certain it will be a great time. Monday night is the big awards ceremony and a formal evening. Mr Big found a suit on close out and was set once he found a white shirt...I on the other hand....had quite a journey.
It all started a couple of weeks ago at Nordstroms, I found 4 dresses I thought were awesome, came home, tried them on for Mr Big and we concluded none of them would work for the big night...so I brought out the big guns, Tad and Ronnie, to help me find the perfect choice. After a gruelling day of shopping and returning they found dress 6. I wasn't sure about it but Tadpole particularly was insistent on it. With it on board we headed home for a fashion show for the hubs...and he chose the same one they liked.
Next day I STILL wasn't sure about it (it has frills, and beads and satin - allot going on!) so we went shopping and picked up black pumps and dress #7.
Last night I finally decided on a dress and this is now packed and ready for the big Monday night soiree.
Can't wait to see the hubs all suited up and looking gorgeous as he accepts his award. So proud of you!
Tuesday is travel home day so no fanciness required. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
We actually have a really big busy week next week, we are home on Tuesday (night) and pick up Elliott (stepson) on the way home from the airport. He is coming to Castle Allen to live permanently. We enroll him at Everett High School next day, that evening all three kids will be home for dinner, Thursday will be more settling in and then Friday we have all three kids with us over the weekend.
I'll be off line for a few days friends...look for a bloggy update on Wednesday (that's the aim at least)
Love
Fee
x
I hope you have a lovely time - take lots of photos (and don't forget to relax!). :-D
ReplyDelete