GAH - how can it possibly be...THAT..TIME...ALREADY??????? But friends, it IS, and with a scant 70 something days time Santa arrives we gots to get this fall carnival a-rollin!
First order of business? PUMPKIN PATCH, check.
The Farm is a break from our tradition of Bob's - but we figured what with moving to a new home etc that perhaps it was time to look for another country destination to satisfy our pumpkinie-fall needs. A friend (Kirst, thank you!) suggested "The Farm" and so we made our way via a Mr Big shortcut through Lowell and back to Everett and then a short skip and a jump to Snohomish. "The Farm" sounded so ...well - plain mysterious don't you think? And folks WE WERE NOT disappointed. Can you say PETTING ZOO?
This is Trixie the pig (current weight 5-600 pounds)........................and her 10 teacup pigs born only 3 DAYS AGO - they were adorable, though sadly out of my reach, which is quite inconvienient. Sadly none of them were available for pig-doption so I am STILL without teacup pig in my Louis Vuitton. I won't give up though dear reader - someday I will be the proud adoptive parent of a teacup pig. The visit did give me pause for thought though. What sized teacup does a fully-grown (or one year old in Trixies case) teacup pig fit into if its typically 5-600 pounds of goodness?
Don't worry - the fun didn't stop at the pigs - here is a pony
and Highland Cooz (which by the way, are exceptionally friendly and like to lick petting vistors) - Mr Big insisted that their names were Vince and Joey (the two cows) but I think he made this up
and white magic bunnies (Mr Big liked these ones and they thought his knees were sexy)
there were also kittens which were up for adoption, I think there was like 17 million black ones, which would have been perfect halloween gifts - these little girls were feeling the amour for them as you can see -
and they weren't the only ones
I was holding the camera rather than a cute fluffy animule. Onward though.... next was one of my absolute favoritist animules THE ALPACA !!! and as you can see, not one but TWO ALPACA AND both of them smiled for me AND there was a baby. Awesome!
There was also a panda there, which is a weird thing at a petting zoo. He was quite shy - just look at him peeking out there, cheeky little panda
back to the pigs - they actually had their own show un-beknowns to yours truly. I was VERY excited when the announcer announced "PIG SHOW, 5 MINUTES" - of course we rushed over to the ring to watch in awe at the show very obviously produced by Andrew Lloyd Webber or some other equally famous show-person. This was 5 minutes OF DELIGHT friends sheeeeeer DELIGHT!
Here is the set with three houses you might find familar - house made of straw (stupid pig), house made of corn (stupid pig), house made of sticks (duh)....and the man of the hour : FARMER X in the middle of his dialouge *queue shirll grannie voice* "Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin". I wasn't surprised to hear the word OSCAR whispered in hushed tones through the crowd.... by the way, if you are wondering what that is he is holding delicatly by his mouth its the worlds teaniest microphone - perhaps even referred to as a micro microphone.
Here are the stars of the show about to make their entrance
and what does one do after enjoying a show? Eat of course - but nothing pig-related ok, that would be weird. Caramelled Apples - no animal products in that
this farm grows corn, god bless them - and sweeteez, it is fantastical, the best I have ever had - so good I have a little collage of it for you to feast your eyes on
and yet more corn, though this time in cornDOG form, possibly somekind of animal in this but I just closed my eyes and didn't think about it while I savored each deep fried mouthful
We choose CORNMAZE, well - the three musketeers did, I myself have seen the children of the corn - you would'nt seen me dead in one of those things....well actually I think that you would see me dead - thats the reason I personally refrain from corn fields (and small town carival rides but thats another story for another day). Stamps-on-hands
its time to tackle the biggest cornmaze in the state, co-incidentally shaped as the state of Washington:
they had all sorts of little stops and factoids along the way, including a stop at Hanford Nuclear Reservation, which seemed to make Geneva quite tickled....
Children of the corn - I rest my case
a little homage to E-town
this is the finale - Grey's Harbor, a nice place to end
and for the way back - a hale bale ride
Dot had a little trip of her own while making her way around
Next stop - pumpkin patch - pretty much the best for last (and there was a cool ole car on the way)
Look at the kid on the right looking at his weird looking orange brothers and sisters -
and time to check out (although we didn't) - loved our visit, but we are going to back to Bob's for pumpkins...

No comments:
Post a Comment