Friday, October 15, 2010

Introducing Princess Mac

You might have already been somewhat introduced to Miss Mac if you have seen her photo in the "photography" part of this blog.  My niece is a really fabulous woman and I am so proud of her. 

Being from Enzed, I am not acquainted with some of the rituals you yanks participate in - including homecoming, but finally - now that sons and nieces are at that age...I am getting to more knowledgable.  For non-americans reading this blog homecoming (according to Wikipedia) is an annual tradition of the US People, towns, high schools and colleges come together, usually in late September or early October, to welcome back former residents etc. It is built around a central event, such as a dinner and, most often, a game of football.  When celebrated by schools, the activities vary widely. However, they usually consist of a football game played on a school's home football field, activities for students and alumni, a parade featuring the school's marching band and sports teams, and the coronation of a Homecoming Queen (and at many schools, a Homecoming King).

You read a couple of weeks ago about Mr Elmo going to a homecoming dance...well now I am so thrilled to say that we have a bonified princess in our family following the nomination and successful coronation of duh-da-duh-da-duh-DA-DAAAAAAAAH..... PRINCESS MACKENZIE MARTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Isnt she lovely, and look how pretty this color is for her!  Here she is with the king and queen:


Sadly Mr Big and I couldn't attend the coronation because of work commitments BUT we are going to the football game today in Monrovia where Mac will be paraded around with the other royalty at the game.  So cool!  We are so excited that you had this opportunity Mac.

2 comments:

  1. To think, this was 12 years ago for me?! Where did the time fly to?! Congrats, Miss Mac! Your dress is beautiful, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous dress on her! Homecoming is definitely big in the US, but my school didn't have homecoming until after I graduated.

    ReplyDelete