Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mr Bigs Birthday

We waited to have a celebration till the kids were home - and so it was deemed this weekend would be Mr Big's Birthday time party -- wild west themed, which is perfect for a 45 year old don't you think?

Here are a couple of highlights....

Whats a party without candy?  Not a party I want to go to that's for sure.  Gary got Boston "baked beans" which are candy coated peanuts, "cow tails" which I misspelled cow tales... which are vanilla soft candy covered in caramel, quite scrumptious,...and also red vines (aka the US take on red liquorice) iccky


We also had loot bags filled with "gold" aka butter popcorn.  My girls Gen and Dot did a great job packing these and tying the sheriff badges on

Kirsten came up with the brilliant idea of making felt moustaches....

and Mr Big himself sourced the cowboy and Indian plasteek goodies


coffee filter pom poms - one of the stars


and I loved these signs!

Here is the man of the hour


the whippersnapper


the whippersnapper's side kick


and the whippersnappers whippersnappers sidekick


the table was set




and the family arrived, we missed you Dan, Elizabeth, Lindz and Laurie and send our well wishes for a speedy recovery.  Dang, the painting is crooked


course it isn't a partee without Mr Rick and Mollie


I think this is a suitable use of the moustaches...Clay Billy, you really should think about wearing one of this style all the time


Miss Betty - you are always wanted


Sophia, so stinkin cute


and Mr and Mrs Sharkboy also shared in the bration, yes dear reader, that is matching boat shoes you see on their toeseys.  I'm particularly in high admiration of Sharkboys color choice of rouge, he rocked it as he did his orange strap on his watch


a nice time was had by all.  Time to start the planning for the kids par tay.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos, Fee! I love the decorations - so clever!! Happy birthday, Gary!

    ReplyDelete