Friday, January 14, 2011

Last evening

Many of my friends are needle phobes.  Dear reader - believe it or not I too am scared to death of them, in fact when the doctor tells me I have to have a blood test I go into a cold sweat..I've been known to NOT go to the lab in the past - and now Mr Big comes to hold my hand (literally) anytime I have to go.  With this in mind it may come as a surprise to you that I am currently seeing an accupuncturist. 

I have no idea why, but having accupuncture is like going to the spa for me - its so deeply relaxing and the sense of well being after a treatment is wonderful.  So for all of you that have thought this was something you would never do BECAUSE of the needles, you should think again.  Honest to goodness, I never feel the needles going in (or out)...I even have them in my head as you can see here (sorry about the eye makeup, it was quite smudgey after 11 hours)



I think in the end I had a couple of dozen needles in, all of which were hooked up to a low electrical current


Ahhhhhhhhh relaxing, I almost fell asleep while the treatment was going on.  Highly highly recommend it ladies and gents. 

Mr Big and I are off for a few days to the ocean.  So you wont see an update for a few days...love to you all

1 comment:

  1. F -- i had acupuncture for plantar fasciitis twice a week for a couple of months -- i highly recommend it -- and have you seen how small those needles are? Hair thin -- Good for you!

    Anonymous/christine/carrie's mom :)

    ReplyDelete