Amongst the many millions of Christmas traditions the Allen's have one of my favorites (and most recent add on's) is going to have our photo taken with Santa as a family. I know what you are thinking and you are right, this is sometime typically reserved for little kids - but its so goofy having pictures taken as adults we just simply cannot refuse it! Everett Santa is our place du jour. They are very nice there, its a local father and daughter operation and they change location every year depending on where is vacant.
So Saturday dawned, I bet 2/3 kids in being the first one at the tree to rip and tear - a feet I was quite proud of to be honest. Presents were opened and then we got all gussied up for the photo shoot. I was feeling quite sassy in my new aubergine jumper....right up till the moment I walked into Everett Santa and saw that the group preceding ours was Rishi's Belly Dancing Troupe. Rishi happens to be the lady that taught one Miss Fiona Allen to jiggle what god gave....sadly I had to hang up my jingly belly dancing skirt when the realization dawned that I sucked as an Egyptian belly dancer. As you might imagine when I saw Rishi (and the 8 or 9 size zero barbies glad in SKIN TIGHT gold lame), I wilted a little.... it was made worse when the photographer positioned me behind a Clydesdale horse AND THEN repositioned it's snout so it was covering my stomach. Sigh. I guess its time to start another time honored tradition of promising myself to loose weight....

No comments:
Post a Comment