Thursday, December 22, 2011

Good night day

Literally it took me all my strength, dear reader, to stay at my beloved place of employment today. Not that I'm not grateful to be gainfully employed, not that I don't adore my co- workers but come on.... It was a day begging for me to escape to nature. Clear skies and that golden light that blesses our eyes in the fall - and that smell of fall. Sigh. It wasn't to be.

I just daydreamed about it.

All. Day. Long.

A slow 10 hour self induced torture......Dreaming of sitting under a huge oak tree, with an awesome read in hand to entertain me till a fridgid breeze, light and gentle, would start. I would lay back on my blankie and watch as the breeze slowly plucked autumn leaves from twigs and branches in the giant tree above me and made their slow decent to me. Sigh.

I did get a little nature when I made a lightning fast stop at Barnes and Noble. Thank you. I'm grateful for your blue sky and golden leaves mother nature. You gladden my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment