November heralds all sorts of delights which I have chronicled previously. One of the other lovely things about November is that in America there is a lovely tradition of celebrating Thanksgiving.
Coincidentally, I was readying the blog of Miss Lisa Sorbe. I started following Lisa's blog on the recommendation of one of the worlds delicious morsels: one Kathy Williamson. Kathy is one of those people that you instantly want to know when you see her - she's very ethereal in her look. Beautiful face, long silver hair, elfin features - but the best part about her is her shiny light, you'll have to meet her one day so you know what I mean. Anyhoo, I'm glad to know her for lots of reasons, but also because she introduced me to Lisa's (I think a rellie or friend of hers) blog which is really well written and though provoking....which brings me to her post from today which I am taking the libery of recycling AND bringing into my own realm: Thanks Lisa for being so inspirational!
For obvious reasons, being thankful is so important. So, with November upon us and the delicious Thanksgiving holiday just around the corner, I've decided to dedicate this entire month to being as thankful as I can possibly be. A post for every day of the month, honoring something (or someone!) in my life that I truly appreciate.
(great idea right!)
Firstly, I have to pay hommage to Mr Big. We had a discussion on the way to work this morning where he again reiterated that he always wants to do everything he can to make sure I get everything I want in life. Really, Im not making that up, and he was sincere. Isnt this every persons dream to have a partner in life that is so thoughtful of your needs? Together we co-create a life that is something special. I was blessed the day we found one another and am blessed that our love for one another continues to florish. I am thankful for you Gary and to coin the song - "you're the best thing that ever hap hun hunned - to mee hee youre the worl huh hurld"
Oh cool, upon re-reading this I've actually counted 3 blessings already
1. Gary
2. Lisa Sorbe's wisdom
3. Kathy Williamson
Yes!! Im on my way, there's no stopping me now!!
4. My blossoming relationship with my sister Shona. Shona writes the best emails ever, they are always packed full of news which I love and thrive on. Living abroad is wonderful, and America is very much my home now, but its so hard to live away from your family. Being able to communicate instantaneously with Shona through email is a blessing indeed. She and Les (husband) and Laurie (neice/daughter) are hopefully coming next Christmas ... cant wait to have them here!
Helloooooo! Kathy wrote me about your blog and I just wanted to say thanks so much for the shout out! :)
ReplyDeleteTake care and have a fabulous month!! :)