Now I understand why my dear sweet husband Gary chooses to attempt to do as little as possible on a Thursday. He really has it right on dosen't he? Thursday has to be one of the hardest days of the week to make it through. Thankfully - Miss Daisy, one of my lovely work colleagues baked this morning so I did begin the day with chocolate chip cookies, but still.....I can't help but be a little less jubilant than usual. So I'm consolling myself in Daisy's baking, a cup of strong coffee and a new book. Don't you love it when you get a new book and it has a terrific opening ? Check this out :
"Lillian loved best the moment before she turned on the lights. She would stand in the restaurant kitchen doorway, rain-soaked air behind her, and let the smells come to her - ripe sourdough yeast, sweet dirt coffee, and garlic, mellowing as it lingered"
Delicious start to things yet to come, I love that kind of poetic writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment