I am SO blessed am I not? It's a pretty simple life so it's the smallest, seemingly ordinary things, that bring me delight.
Mr Big is traveling right now so it's been a little lonely without my sidekick. The kids, all three, are with us for their summer vacay - so it's not been as lonely as it usually is when he's gone...and today was my weekday off so we were all together. On a warm, sunny day. Course the big kids spent the best part of the day (dramatic pause) in bed. Till 12:30...IN BED. I got up at 9am, made breakfast, cleaned the fridge. Not because I wanted to - I'm no neat freak but because someone had pushed over the crushed garlic. AND LEFT IT. PUSHED OVER. LEAKING. ALL. OVER. THE FRIDGE. Sigh. It actually could be used in place of epoxy glue. I literally used a knife to slice it off the shelves and stuff. Grrrrr.
After i had a spanking clean fridge Dot and I let the bigs sleep, grabbed the to get list and proceeded to drive everywhere and got none of the stuff we originally went out for. Perfect.
But then we came home and it was all good again. All four of us went outside and painted birdy houses.
Just check the sky out
I love how different these all are
Thank you for this beautiful day, for the delight in small things, for the calm.
You're such a great mom! What a fun project!
ReplyDeleteThose bird houses are adorable! Oh, and the crushed garlic?? How does this sound so familiar to another incident a few weeks back?
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I only see one problem..with all the great new bird houses that will bring many new birds. With more birds the bird resurant may need an expansion and a full-time manager!
ReplyDelete