So exciting, Mr Big won tickets to a Zoo concert. It was an easy win - reply to said text message and be in the running for free tickets.
SHAZAM!
Moments later he was the happy holder of tickets to see Mary Chapin Carpenter and Marc Cohen at the Zoo. For those of you who have been to Woodland Park Zoo you know, its awesome. I've been to three concerts there, all with Mr Big - 1st was to Nanci Griffin (wonderful) 2nd was Carbon Leaf (Lame sauce) and now this concert. The highlight of the concert was certainly to be able to sit close with my sweetie in a warm (55 degree) for Seattle evening ... and I like these two artists, but honestly - the concert sucked eggs. Boring boring BORING. We stayed for Marc Cohen's set and only for 1/2 of Mary's.
So we made our way out of the zoo, past the penguins...but wait....whats that? A PEACOCK, a huge brightly colored PEACOCK sitting quietly and unassumingly on the wall above the penguin enclosure. Honestly friends, if I were a peacock and lived at the zoo, that's where I would perch - #1 penguins are very fun to watch (and mock), #2 if I lost my footing and fell in the enclosure I wouldn't be someones dinner - penguins are civilized, #3 from this lofty perch I could be properly adored by all the zoo goers. And that's what I was doing, adoring - inching closer and closer with my camera to snap a memory of the peacocks splendid colors ... i was almost right under him and THRILLED that he hadn't noticed me when I heard a faint voice "Maam, MAAM - DON'T.GET.ANY.CLOSER - It's mating season and hes been jumping on people and biting them". Say no more zoo person - I'm asses and elbows out of there....at least I got my shot right? BAAAA no shot. DAMN IT.
No comments:
Post a Comment