Tuesday, June 21, 2011

17

Before I talk about 17, let me talk about something close to my heart. 

I love this bath.  Everytime we go to Lowes I have to visit with it.  I did'nt actually get IN IT last night but I did visit with it again, and I hugged it, just a little bit ... before people crowded around to mock me.  I love the curves, the silver metal feet - plus, its so shiny.  Basically - whats not to love?  One day I shall have you...

And now, 17.
Remember 17?  17 was a weird year for me - I finished up high school then returned again at my Dad's insistence.  I was soooo ready to be done with school and sooooo ready to be working.  I was also ready to leave home and be on my own - despite being ready, life had other plans for me and I ended up enduring another year at high school and another year at home.  I say enduring because at the time it seemed like a chore, looking back it was the perfect thing to be happening!  It really was a glorious last year before entering the real world of relationships, heartbreak, bills, working and so on. 

My stepson Elliott turned 17 today.  Mr Big and I woke him at by storming his room in the early hours shouting happy birthday greetings and shooting him with confetti cannons.  Because it was 5.45am I didnt have my camera with me to capture the moment...I did later though...and here was one of El's gifties. 
These are treking/walking/running shoes that Elliott has been wanting.  I love that he isnt afraid to wear fun things like this.  Its inspirational!  You're an awesome fellow Elliott!



2 comments:

  1. You are a great! Happy Birthday Elliot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lurrrrvvve that tub, too! Buy it and bring it into work - we can put it in the cube by the window. :-)

    Happy b-day El!

    ReplyDelete