You know what I used to be so embarrassed about but at the same time adored was my Grandma's need to talk to strangers when we went anywhere. She might make a comment on a piece of apparel or just ask them how their day was doing. She could and did, talk to anyone.
The older I get the more I realize how similar I am to her in many ways, the talking to strangers is one of those similarities. Last night Gaz and I went out to the Everett Library. Firstly, this is an incredible building - all craftsman style with a touch of modern, and the most sensational view to Port Gardner. They also have a terrific little coffee shop in front Bookend Coffee Company. They had 50c off chai lattes.... https://www.facebook.com/#!/BookendCoffeeCompany If you are in the hood or even want to drive I'll meet you there (this invite is ESPECIALLY for Alex, Verna, Riley, Callum, Les, Lauri and Shona, though I know its a long drive. If you arrive on Wednesdays we can look for the coffee cat together (to get a 25% discount) AND get a con panna espresso to die for.
If we are really lucky Jake will be there - he is a divine gentleman I met there last evening (I know, FINALLY I am circling back to talking to strangers... Jake was wearing very appealing apparel so, like Nan I had to tap him on the shoulder and tell him how much I admired his rainbow emblazoned top. He was so sweet and even invited Gaz and I to an upcoming fundraiser for Snohomo. How could we resist Jake, and his invitation to Bingo called by Ethel Merman impersonator?
No comments:
Post a Comment