Powdery, beautiful, crystalline snow. I adore it, and praise the weather Gods for bringing it in abundance for the whole week to my door step.
The only thing for it was play time and giant cups of tea with hidden friends... Hello Mr Fox! The pups spent a grand total of 20 seconds in it. They really don't love being cold, being wet and in general exercise of any kind.
Earlier this week, before the super heavy snow came, there were some incredible skies...dark looming ones under lit with the most spectacular light and saturated colors. I wish I were a better painter because imagine that cloud picture in an oil painting. Woah Nellie!!
My boys were happy the whole time - El in particular was beside himself with unbridled joy when school cancelled day after day. I thought I would burst with pride when he and his bud Mike went door to door shoveling snow for dollars from people's door steps. They made a tidy profit too. How industrious they were!!!.....and I think the neighbors preferred their sales pitch as opposed to the creepy dude that came a-knocking;
Mr Big: Hi, can I help you?
Creeper: Are you and your family carnivores?
Mr Big: ummm. No.
Sir, perhaps your sales pitch for selling dodgy meat from a traveling van should be polished mkay?
The neighbors house looks to be on a lean in this pic, it's not - it's just me taking the photo while jumping for joy at more snowy goodness. In the immortal words of Miss Kymberlee C "hot diggity!".
Yip - everything was beauteous - fire hydrants, my dead dearly departed plants - heck, even a love note scribed with my snow boot was a stunner. Oh snow. I love you!
I say friends, but the only thing I know about these charming individuals is the gentleman is called Dad. Lil lady and I were marveling at the frozen waterfall together. She was so sweet and offered to take a photo of me and Mr Big so I offered to take a magical photo and email it to her. See how the snow brings perfect strangers together. Love it. Om shanti new friends!
Today there is still snow in the hood (yay) but sadly it's diminishing. There's rain and temps above freezing (boooo). But we have our memories of living in a virtual snowglobe that will last a lifetime.
I'm only happy for the snow because it made you so happy! Although now I can be happy that it's leaving. :-)
ReplyDeleteSuch amazing snow photos... I like the one of my house with the snowflakes. I just can't wait for the next week of blizzard conditions!
ReplyDelete