Yesterday I turned 40. I was joined by my number one man Mr Big, my mum, stepdad John and step sister De.
I came down to get ready for our getaway in the am and found Mr Big with fabulous lavish gift all gorgeously wrapped.
I know it sounds corny, but the only gift I ever need is him... Still though, a brand new D3000 and not one, but two mini getaways were graciously accepted and welcome. WHOOT!
And in the kitchen, lil Gary had gotten up early and walked down to Henrys for a culinary masterpiece for me to start my day with..
The best part was the beautiful note. I'm a blessed lady.
Then it was time to head out to the peninsula. Though there was no party, no birthday cake or candles, it was a thoroughly lovely time. We started off in Port Townsend visiting Fort Waldon and the point Wilson lighthouse.
As the name suggests, it's a military facility, well ex-military. What's weird about it is all the raw beauty there including wild life, deer just hanging out amoungst the abandoned barracks
And the wildflowers tumbling out of every nook and cranny, speshly the gun emplacements
Next stop, lunch. We went to the Public House. Uttterly delicious potato, corn and dungenous chowder was accompanied by awesome art work
Next day was reserved for a visit to the Olympic Game Reserve you have to go
All too soon it was time to start back, through more beauty
I was so grateful for us all being together, and for awesome beauty all around us.
De goes home Sunday. It's been wonderful getting to spend time with her.
Oh, and a shout out to the peeps at work who surprised me with an awesome autumnal birthday celly at work. It made me feel very spesh
I'm lucky. I have so many blessings to count. I'm grateful.
Lovely photos; what great gifts, you are truely blessed!
ReplyDelete